All of our menus are produced in line with the governments’ food and nutrient based standards. This ensures that we are serving a healthy and nutritious menu that keeps children and young people fuelled throughout the day.
Promise to Parents
- We will follow the Children’s School Food Trust - School Food Standards to produce a compliant menu
- We will provide every customer who wants one with a nutritionally balanced 2 course meal.
- We will offer customers healthy choices in all that we serve.
- We will explore ways of encouraging customers to choose a healthy diet through on-going innovation.
- We will provide special diets where requested.
- We use only good quality food and ingredients and continue to strive for the Food for Life catering Awards.
- We will strive to use local produce where possible.
- We will instruct our suppliers to only supply products that comply with the nutritional standards and Food for Life criteria.
- We will carry out product testing on all new food items before use.
We are fortunate in St Cuthbert's to have an excellent cook - Kristina, who, supported by Amanda both ensure that our food is delicious an nutritious!!
Fresh fruit and salad are available daily.
School lunches cost £2:20 per day. You can opt for a mix of school lunch and packed lunch in the same week.
All children in Reception, Year 1 & Year 2 are entitled to a free school lunch daily. However if you qualify for any of the following (listed below) in ANY year group please apply for free school meals as this will help us support your child in other ways in school and with financial support for school trips and activities.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)